Thursday, August 13, 2009

Oedipus at The Falcon Theatre



All I can say is go see Oedipus The King, Mama!!! I saw it last night at The Falcon Theatre in Burbank and it could not have been funnier. Both myself and the friend Yvonne, I went with were laughing so hard we could barely stand it. The play is a mix of Oedipus and Elvis songs, along with a healthy portion of ad libs, for example when the entire show came to a stand still 3 times due to a mysterious feather that kept floating around. The cast was hysterical in the scripted material and the feather ad libs.
I have no idea what a straight version of Oedipus looks like but I know it's not funnier than this. In the name of transparency I will cop to the fact that I did go to high school with two of the actors, but one I haven't seen since and the other only sporadically, and she was a homecoming princess, so I think we all know I'd hate her if anything(not that I'm the jealous type, much). So no Bias, just a really good show.
I really can't recommend the show enough. Run don't walk to get tickets now. Actually it would probably be faster if you just call. 1-818-955-8101.
You know it's gotta be good if I'm encouraging people to go to Burbank. Seriously, I haven't laughed this much in a theatre since Drowsy Chaperone.

No comments: